Four Ingredient Chocolate Fudge Cake
This is a winner and uses ingredients you probably already have in the pantry. So easy the kids can make it.
- 400 grams dark chocolate, roughly broken into pieces*
- 1 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 4 eggs, bring to room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 150°C
- Grease and line a loaf tin. (Mine measures 19.5cm x 9.5cm)
- Bring a kettle full of water to the boil.
- Place the chocolate, coconut milk and maple syrup into a medium sized saucepan and continually stir over low heat until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients are well combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs until the yolk and white are well combined. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into you prepared loaf tin. Place the loaf tin in a deep roasting dish. Pour the hot water into the roasting dish until the water level is half way up the sides of the loaf tin.
- Bake for one hour.
- Leave to cool to room temperature then place in the fridge overnight. Room from the tin. Slice. Serve. Enjoy!
*I use 70% dark chocolate for this cake.
Recipe adapted from Wholefood Simply