We know that the health of our gut is cornerstone to our overall health (and the health of our skin). There are quite a few things we can do a daily basis to support our gut health. The addition of grass-fed gelatin to your diet is one way which can help optimise your gut health.
In fact, let’s chat about all the benefits of gelatin.
Gelatin is a protein that contains two amino acids – glycine and proline. And these amino acids are used in the production of collagen for your body. Now, I’m sure you know all about collagen, right? It’s what makes your skin radiant and youthful looking.
Gelatin is ideal for improving gut health (by reducing inflammation and improving nutrient absorption) but it also helps to keep us feeling full. It provides us glycine which helps to regulate insulin and combined with being a source high in protein, it can help increase satiety to keep the hungries at bay.
Gut Loving Mango Gelatin Gummies
3½ tablespoons grass-fed gelatin (I use this one)
1½ cups tinned mango
½ tablespoon rice malt syrup (optional)
1. 'Bloom' the gelatin by stirring it into ⅓ cup of cold water until dissolved. Let it sit for 5 minutes; It will expand and become 'rubbery'.
3. Heat the mango and rice malt syrup in a small saucepan until it's almost boiling
4. Turn off the heat and add the 'bloomed' gelatin (break the large blob into the blobby bits) and stir until dissolved, then use a stick blender to purée together.
5. Pour into moulds or a 10 x 15 cm square glass dish (or similarly sized plastic ones - I use a lunchbox).
6. Cool a little then place in the fridge to set for 1 hour. Cut into squares.
7. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.